Friday, August 21, 2015

10 Day Count Isn't Just for Enrollment Numbers

Good Evening Everyone,

We did it! Your children and I  have completed our first 10 days of 5th grade! I am exhausted after this week, but I am still looking forward to Monday. You know you love your job when you are ready to collapse and sleep on a Friday, yet you can't wait for Monday. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the parents in my homeroom, Block 1, and Block 2. Now that I have mastered the kid's names and face, I am ready to connect student faces with parents. I graded ALL of the completed vocabulary quizzes from today and entered them into the grade book. They will be going home tomorrow. I am proud to say I read part of my story to my students today. I wasn't sure if they were going to be critical of my work, however I felt if I provided the example then they would share their own stories eventually. In class next week, we are continuing our exploration of knowledge through the Civil War. My students have been working diligently on their study guides. Hopefully Monday we will be able to checkout books. The students also have their F.I.B note sheet (fill in the blank) for S.S. It has every piece of wonderful information they will need to study.  We are going to dive deeply into major battles/campaigns and some pretty significant people in history. Our vocabulary quiz will be over different words using prefixes such as mono-, bi-, and tri-. I felt it was necessary to include some useful Language Arts information in order to extend their knowledge of English terms. I heard today from the TAG teacher that TAG will start next week! I am still learning what that entails, but I am sure it will be very exciting for everyone involved. Lastly, please bring in Tybee money if you want to go on the trip. The money is due 8/28. I would hate for a student to be upset because the money wasn't turned in on time. I must say that I am beyond excited to go on the trip. I always find those trips educational and fun. I will definitely be doing all the interactive things too. Below is the information for Remind 101, an app where I can send text message alerts. Only subscribe to the particular alerts you need.

Remind 101:

Overall 5th grade!                 Send to: 81010    Message: @5thBFES
Ms. Ryan's Homeroom         Send to: 81010    Message: @ryanwrite
Ms. Ryan's Block 1               Send to: 81010    Message: @ryanblock1
Ms. Ryan's Block 2               Send to: 81010    Message: @ryanblock2

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
HW: Sentence Fragments Packet            Due 8/28
Vocabulary Quiz (mono-, bi-, tri)                   8/28
Civil War Study Guide                                    8/31
Civil War Test (woohoo!)                               9/3

I hope you all have a wonderful evening and a great weekend!

Ms. Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment