Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Day 2 of the Best Year Ever!

Good Afternoon Everyone,

It is now the end of day 2 and I feel great. I am so glad I made the decision to come to BFES. It truly is the best! Yesterday we had a wonderful day where I ALMOST learned the name of every single one of my students. I am determined to master all names in my homeroom, Block 1, and Block 2. The first day of school mostly consisted of learning names, getting to know my students, and explained the purpose of my class. I am proud that I can put a name to a face now. We hit the ground running today and we started our Civil War unit. I started reading a book outloud to them to hook interest, then we discussed the differences between historical fiction, fiction, and non-fiction. I was incredibly impressed by my students' ability to come up with higher level questions during a K-W-L activity about the Civil War. The students seem very interested in the material and enjoyed my approach to explaining the vocabulary words in ways that relate to their lives. This week we will continue our exploration through different aspects of the Civil War as well analyzing different aspects of the material.  I can't believe tomorrow is Wednesday already! Have a great evening!

Ms. Ryan

REMINDERS for my students in Block 1 and Block 2:
8/14 (This Friday) Quiz in Social Studies on vocabulary words (Tariff, States’ Rights, Sectionalism, Abolitionist, discrimination, underground railroad, slave state)


Block 1 did not get the F.I.B (fill in the blank) note sheet today. They will receive it tomorrow. We talked at length about the vocabulary words. Tomorrow we will pick up where we left off.

Block 2 was not able to finish the F.I.B note sheet or the chapter today. We will finish those tomorrow and continue where we left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment